The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is dedicated to helping people with mental health and substance use problems lead successful lives. We provide state-of-the mental health services to patients at UW Medicine primary care and specialty care facilities throughout western Washington as well as clinical consultation throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our team of clinicians offers a comprehensive range of psychiatric and psychological services in both inpatient and outpatient settings, providing over 10,000 clinic visits per year in specialties including psycho-oncology, senior and memory care, transplant psychiatry, women’s health, addictions, HIV, pain, electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), consultation-liaison, and perinatal psychiatry. We offer both inpatient and outpatient services at area hospitals and centers including our Behavioral Health Integration Program.
To request an appointment with a UW Medicine Psychiatrist, please visit the UW Medicine Contact Center.
Mental Health and substance use disorders in
children, adolescents, adults, and older adults
- Common mental disorders such as depression,
anxiety, and attention deficit disorder
- Severe and persistent mental disorders such as
bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
- Posttraumatic stress disorders and psychiatric
consequences of head trauma
- Autism and other psychiatric disorders starting
- Cognitive and memory disorders such as dementia
- Psychosomatic medicine and psychiatric
conditions associated with medical illnesses
- Substance abuse and addiction problems