Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
Northwest (NW) Geropsychiatric Center is an Inpatient and Intensive Outpatient Service for patients 60 years and older with acute psychiatric symptoms of mental illness. Annually, more than 500 patients are admitted to NW Geropsychiatric Center's 27 inpatient beds and over 6000 group visits are conducted in the Intensive Outpatient Program.
Psychiatry Hospital-based Services
Psychiatry Consultation Service at Northwest Hospital Inpatient Medical Floors - Services may include psychiatric assessment and consultation with the referring provider, medication initiation and stabilization, rounding for involuntary patients on the medical floors and recommendations for ongoing mental health care as indicated. The team consists of Psychiatrists, Psychiatric ARNP and Psychologist.
Intensive Outpatient Service
- Geropsychiatric Acute Care East Unit - Provides treatment and interventions for patients with acute psychiatric symptoms and moderate to severe cognitive decline
- Geropsychiatric Acute Care West - Provides treatment and interventions for patients with acute psychiatric symptoms without significant cognitive decline
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) - Inpatient-provided for patients on the Geropsychiatric Center Inpatient Units and Outpatient - Available to all adult patients.
Contact UsHours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- The Geropsychiatric Intensive Outpatient Program, age 60 and over, provides intensive services through 3 groups a day and psychiatric appointments. This service can be accessed as an alternative to inpatient treatment or as a follow up service after inpatient treatment. Typical attendance is 2-3 days a week. Pre admission assessment required.
Northwest Hospital and Medical Center1550 N. 115th StreetSeattle, WA 98133
- All Services: 206.368.1747
- After Hours number for all services: 206.368.1823
- Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Service: 206.368.1873