UW SharePoint Service – Description and Terms and Conditions of Use
6/10/2016 The MSCA Service Team is now provisioning new SharePoint Site Collections in SharePoint Online. SharePoint Online is part of the UW Office 365 Environment and we are provisioning sites by request as part of our pilot program. Please review the Pilot Program Description. The last page describes what information to provide in your request for a new SharePoint Online site collection. You can find out more about the MSCA Service on the MSCA Service Description page on IT Connect.
This document describes the UW SharePoint Service and contains the Terms and Conditions for your use of the UW SharePoint Service. You must read and acknowledge that you have read and understand the Terms and Conditions contained in this document before you will be allowed to use or purchase the UW SharePoint Service.
Overview of the UW SharePoint Service
· SharePoint is a Microsoft product that provides a central storage and collaboration space for documents, information and ideas. It helps groups of people share information and work together.
· A SharePoint “MySite” is an individual SharePoint web site.
· A SharePoint (SP) “Site Collection” is a group of individual SP sites that exist under a top-level SharePoint site. The top level SP site can contain information, templates and other things that are shared with all the other sub-sites underneath it.
· The UW SharePoint Service makes SP Site Collection sites (including MySites) available to the UW community for purposes related to the operation of the UW.
· Current UW faculty and staff with UW NetIDs can establish a SP Site Collection (on behalf of a UW Division, Department or Team).
UW SharePoint Service provides a free 90-day trial to those interested in using a SP Site Collection. The trial SP Site Collection has 5 GB of storage space. Upon request, this space can be expanded during or after the trial period for an additional fee. In addition, the 90-day trial includes the option of creating SP MySites (for users within sponsoring Departments or Teams) with 100 MB of storage space. To obtain a 90-day trial period, you will be required to provide a budget number.
During the trial period, you will receive periodic notifications reminding you of the trial expiration date and will be asked to decide whether or not you wish to continue with the UW SharePoint Service. If you decide at the end of the 90-day trial period not to continue your site in production, or do not indicate one way or the other, your service will be discontinued, you will no longer have access to the site, and the site contents will be removed from the SharePoint server. Thus, it is important that you let us know before the end of the 90-day trial period whether or not you wish to continue the UW SharePoint Service.
Purchasing the SP Site Collection Service
The UW SharePoint Service offers SP Site Collection setup for a one-time $200 fee. Ongoing service for each SP Site Collection costs $60.78 per month and includes 5 gigabytes of storage. Additional storage is available in 5 gigabyte allotments for $60.78 per month. The UW SharePoint Service also offers consulting services for $91.71 per hour should you need any additional help with your SP Site Collection.
Those who use the UW SharePoint Service will be referred to herein as “SP Site Collection Owners.” The standard UW SharePoint Service includes:
· Use and maintenance of a SP Site Collection with 5 GB of storage space (additional storage space can be ordered for an additional fee by contacting email@example.com )
· The option for Department or Team SP users to establish individual MySites with 100 MB of storage space (separate from the allocated SP Site Collection storage space)
SP Site Collections contain:
· Information for both end-users and site owners/administrators about who to contact for service.
· Links to the UW SharePoint Community Site containing helpful SharePoint documentation, FAQS, training and consulting resources, feature request lists, and a list of current SP Collection Site Owners.
· Templates which will contain no UW institutional branding (individual SP Collection Site Owners may create the entire site look & feel and departmental/team branding for their respective organizational units).
SP Site Collection Owners may submit requests for changes to the SharePoint Community Site.
SP Site Collection Owners may request installation of custom-developed or vendor-supplied web-parts or features. Such requests will be considered and evaluated by UW Technology Services engineering and development teams, along with a UW SharePoint Community governance board. All such web-parts and features will be tested and evaluated on an evaluation SharePoint server that replicates the production service.
SP Site Collections and SP MySites support anonymous (no UW-NetID authentication) access via the SP Internet Connector License. Public access would need to be enabled by SP Site Collection or SP MySite Owners. Note: When you grant anonymous users permissions other than Read on lists and libraries, anonymous users can contribute to lists, discussions, and surveys, and edit documents, all of which could adversely affect site content, available disk space and other resources. For more information on this, please see "Enable Anonymous Access" at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointtechnology/HA101130181033.aspx).
In addition to SharePoint standard features, UW SharePoint Service will feature several enhancements:
· Telerik RAD Editor (rich text editing functionality with most browsers)
· Microsoft’s “Fab 40” site templates. These are installed as actual sites for easier viewing and selection
· Microsoft Internet Connector licensing for Internet based anonymous users (view/contribute rights controlled by site owners)
· Microsoft search licensing that allows for enhanced searching of internal and external websites
Maintenance and Support
Terms and Conditions
1. SharePoint Software and Site Licenses Required
All UW SharePoint licenses are covered under https://www.washington.edu/itconnect/wares/uware/microsoft/server.html
2. Permitted Use
All University of Washington policies regarding the appropriate use of university resources and responsible personal conduct apply to the use of UW computing and networking resources such as UW SharePoint Service. For more information regarding rules and regulations relating to the use of the UW computing network, including the UW Technology SharePoint service, please see “Appropriate Use” at https://www.washington.edu/itconnect/work/appropriate-use/ .
3. Obligations to maintain the confidentiality of information
SP Site Collection Owners are responsible for ensuring that the use they intend for the UW SharePoint Service is permitted by applicable laws or guidelines, including laws and guidelines which limit the distribution or access to personally identifiable information related to student, staff, faculty or health records. This determination should be made before the Services are used and if permitted, SP Site Collection Owners are responsible for ensuring that actual use is compliant with applicable laws.
4. Records Retention Obligations
SP Site Collection Owners are responsible for meeting proper UW records retention obligations regarding data stored on their SP Site Collection. SP Site Collection Owners must also attend to records retention obligations when they discontinue use of the UW SharePoint Service. This includes making provisions to preserve records that must be preserved. (Note: Upon termination of the UW SharePoint Service, access to the records will be disabled and any site content is subject to deletion from the server.) UW Records Management Services is the primary resource for information and support regarding these obligations (please see http://www.washington.edu/admin/recmgt/index.php).
5. Contact Information and Budget Numbers
SP Site Collection Owners must keep all contact information for the site up to date. Any necessary changes can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
SP Site Collection Owners must keep the budget number updated with UW Technology Services. If your budget number that is to be charged for SharePoint services changes, please send the updated budget number information to email@example.com .
6. UW SharePoint Community
SP Site Collection Owners agree to have the name of their site, as well as contact information for the site owners, listed on the UW SharePoint Community site, whether or not their site is actually accessible to other users. This allows members of the UW SharePoint Community to see who is involved with the Community.
SP Site Collection Owners also agree to be included on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list and we request that they will be involved in discussions with other members of the UW SharePoint Community. This involvement helps to strengthen the support infrastructure available to all members of the UW SharePoint Community.
SP Site Collection Owners are responsible for end-user support and training for their respective Department or Team SharePoint site users. Support contact information for SP Site Collection Owners should be included on each site page in an area visible to SharePoint end-users. SP MySite users within a sponsored Department or Team site collection will also contact their respective site owner/administrator for questions and support relating to MySites.
If you have read this SharePoint Orientation and agree to the Terms and Conditions, please proceed to the Request Form to request your SharePoint Pilot Site.
For SharePoint training resources, please see the Training tab.
For SharePoint design resources, please see the Support tab.