UW SharePoint is a web application platform that solves customer needs for team collaboration, business process improvement, and web publishing.
As a platform, UW SharePoint can be used in a number of ways to provide value to customers. These might include:
- Improving collaboration capability between individuals, teams, departments and schools.
- Providing a robust document management, file sharing and web publishing platform that is well integrated with existing Microsoft Office applications.
- Improving business processes within departments and schools through enhanced business intelligence, customized process workflows, electronic web-based forms and controlled records management.
- Reducing the number of e-mails, e-mail attached documents, and printed materials shared between individuals and teams.
- Providing for an efficient and extensive UW enterprise search platform that can be finely tuned for security, and has the capability to include internal and external web properties and individual user profiles.
- Supporting business critical digital-media processing, metadata management, data warehousing applications, and custom business process workflows with a minimum of custom code development.